Application period Aug 1 - Nov 15, 2019
Application accepted using the Soroptimist online Application Portal
The Live Your Dream (LYD) Awards provide monetary assistance to women serving as the primary source of financial support for their families.
The Soroptimist of Havre de Grace Live Your Dream Award Program is designed assist women in Harford and Cecil County, MD. The LYD program provides recognition by giving women the resources to further their education, help offset tuition costs, pay student loans or find reliable childcare. The program is designed to help constituents worry less about financial matters and focus on educational matters helping women
"Live Your Dream".
To determine your eligibility, begin or continue your application process visit:
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to apply for the Live Your Dream Awards if you are a woman who:
• Provides the primary financial support for yourself and your dependents. (Dependents can include children, spouse, partner, siblings and/or parents).
• Has financial need.
• Is enrolled in or has been accepted to a vocational/skills training program or an undergraduate degree program.
• Is motivated to achieve your education and career goals.
• Resides in one of Soroptimist International of the Americas’ member countries/territories (Soroptimist HDG - Live Your Dream applicants must reside within a 75 mile radius of Havre de Grace, Maryland 21078).
• Has not previously been the recipient of a Soroptimist of HDG Women’s Opportunity or Live Your Dream Award.
• Applicant does not have a graduate degree.
• Applicant is not a Soroptimist member, an immediate family member, relative or an employee of Soroptimist International of the Americas or Soroptimist International of Havre de Grace, Maryland
• Applicant has a Social Security number or Tax ID number. (This is required for tax purposes and is only necessary if you are a resident of the United States. You will not be asked to share this information unless you have been given an award.)
• BEFORE YOU APPLY:
Plan and submit Your Two Personal References.
Think about whom your two biggest cheerleaders are... they can be mentors, teachers, counselors, supervisors, colleagues, or case managers. No need to collect letters. We'll provide a reference form in the Application Portal.
Draft Your Personal Statement
In 750 words or less, tell us about the challenges you’ve faced and how you think this award could help you live your dream. Let us hear your voice in your story. You'll submit your personal statement in the Application Portal.
Need More Information
Contact your local
Soroptimist of Havre de Grace, MD
Live Your Dream
(410) 808-0241 or (410) 294-0623
Copyright © 2017 Soroptimist Intl of Havre de Grace, Maryland - All Rights Reserved.
This website includes links providing direct access to
other Internet sites. However, Soroptimist takes no
responsibility for the content or information contained
on other sites, nor does it imply endorsement or
approval of products or information offered.
Website Design by Logical Computer Decisions